What new plugins would you like to see in the Verified Plugins Marketplace?

Background Process Plugin

Functionality that would allow us to keep processes (such as file uploads and downloads) running after the app is backgrounded.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark HMark H commented  · 

I'd like to be able to continue receiving telemetry via bluetooth le.

• Dennis ODennis O commented  · 

I completely agree, a plugin like this is highly recommended. See this github project which makes a good attempt but is fraught with bugs which prevent the plugin from being usable : https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-background-mode .
        Also, please note: whatever plugin you create for this, let the plugin support Android, iOS and Windows Phone. There is no point in supporting 1 or 2 platforms for such a crucial feature. In my opinion, such an approach defeats the aim of cross-platform portability

• Johann KlemmackJohann Klemmack commented  · 

Active pull / push data to device. Again, with our field tech application, the ability to ping our server periodically to check for updates to the daily schedule. Can possibly implement this as a push notification, but it'd be so much easier (and robust) to have the device phone home periodically for updated info.

• Johann KlemmackJohann Klemmack commented  · 

Geolocation fencing, even when the app isn't in the foreground. There's a desire for our in-house app used for field techs to have this.

• Rob LauerAdminRob Lauer (Product Manager, Telerik) commented  · 

There are countless processes that could be handled in a plugin such as this. If we could get a concrete list of high value processes, I think we could focus our direction on those. Feel free to comment here with requests!

Feedback and Knowledge Base